Friday, April 27, 2012

The R4 3DS Will Have Your Playing NES Classic Games On Your Nintendo 3DS

I have some great memories of playing my NES system when I was younger. My brother and I would huddle around our TV screen on Saturday mornings playing Mario World in two player mode. Wake up, eat some breakfast, and play the NES for a couple of hours, before we begrudgingly turned it off when my mom would tell us that was enough. These days, I still have a whole lot of love for my NES and the games that were released for it. Mind you, I have been playing them all on my Nintendo DSi, and now my Nintendo 3DS with the R4 DS Card. It allows me to run a NES emulator called nesDS, so that I can play those great 8-bit games.
The emulator is free, as in freeware. You just need the R4 3DS Card to be able to actually run it on your 3DS. What really stood out for me when I first tried out nesDS was the fact that it had support for pretty well the entire NES game library. Running 98% of the games at full speed and in full compatibility. Now don’t let the thought of getting something for nothing stop you, by thinking it must not be very good. The nesDS emulator actually gives you all of the games, and has them running just like they would on the real NES console. All of the same graphics, controls, levels, music – everything – will work just as it did when you were glued to your TV set many years ago.
Using the emulator could not be easier. It’s just a quick little download, and a copy and paste away. You’ll need to download nesDS from the nds homebrew database. Once you have the emulator on your PC, it will be in ZIP format. So you’ll need to use the unarchive feature built in to both Windows and MAC computers, to get at what’s inside. Once you have uncompressed the file, you’ll want to copy over the nesDS.nds file to your micro sd card, that came with your r4 3ds card.
Now naturally, you’ll need the games you want to play. Plenty of them are available for free online. And legally, you can download any game that you actually own in cartridge format, as you own the original. Go ahead and get the games, and copy them over to the micro SD card as well. Once that is all done, you simply plug the r4 into your 3ds and you’re ready to start playing.

No comments:

Post a Comment