Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Nintendo R4 3DS Card Bring Classics To Your Nintendo DSi and 3DS

If ever there was a reason to take the plunge and get your hands on your own Nintendo R4 3DS card, then classic gaming through emulation may just be it.  Sure, the homebrew games and movies, music and ebooks is amazing on its own, but being able to actually carry around some of your favorite classic games right on your Nintendo DSi or Nintendo 3DS system takes the cake.  There are so many amazing classic games that we simply can’t play these days.  Even if we could find those old game systems we grew up with, it may be difficult to get it to work, due to the age of most of the hardware.
I’ve been using the nesDS emulator to play all of the great Nintendo Entertainment System (NES) games on my new Nintendo 3DS console.  I had been playing them all on my DSI, but once the 3DS came out, I rushed to get my hands on my very own next generation 3d hand held.  Sure, I got it for the amazing games, and the next technology built right in.  But the biggest reason I made the plunge was because I wanted to be able to use the new Nintendo R4 3DS card to get back into my retro games.  I gifted my DSi to my brother, who has never owned a hand held console, and I think he hasn’t even touched any of the actual DSI games.  He’s been too busy playing all of the NES games we used to play as kids.
While I know that emulators and emulation has been around for quite some time, the fact is that being able to have it in a portable console is what makes this so very neat.  I used to have to sit in front of my PC to play these old classic games, but no longer.  Now I can take those classic games with me regardless of where I may be going, knowing full well that I will be able to play them all in a game system that fits right into my pocket.  Take that, quad core PC.  Everything is built right into the DSi and 3DS system, and that’s what makes the actual gaming so much more fun.  I don’t have to worry about sound cards and video cards.  Just plug in and start playing.
And I can’t forget to mention that fact that you’re also increasing your available game library.  Sure, these classic games are not new 3D games, but there are literally thousands of them available for you to play, which means you’ll have a lot more games to choose from when you have some time for a little gaming.

No comments:

Post a Comment