Friday, July 6, 2012

I upgraded my R4i to the latest firmware, but it’s still giving me an error.?

I upgraded my DSi to 1.4.4U by accident a couple of days ago, and today the update for the R4i came out (V1.59b) on the official site.
The R4i I have is V.1.4.1 and even though I upgraded the firmware correctly (It works fine on my friends DS Lite), I’m still getting the error message: An error has occurred. Press and hold the Power Button to turn the system off. Please see the Nintendo DSi Operations Manual for help troubleshooting.
I don’t understand why I’m getting this message when I already updated it. What should I do?
Fix Method:
You have to upgrade your R4i to v1.4.4 in another DSi(must lower than v1.4.4) or DS Lite,because your had upgraded your DSi to 1.4.4.
Method:
1. Download latest R4i SDHC V1.59b kernel to your computer.
2. Unzip the patch, you can get 4 files: “moonmemo”, “moonshl2″, “R4iMenu” and “r4.dat”.
3. Copy the 4 files to the root directory of the MicroSDHC card, cover old files automatically.
4. Insert the MicroSD card to R4i SDHC card, and put r4 card to console, power on.
5.Upgrade your R4i http://r4i-sdhc.com/Readme_en.html

No comments:

Post a Comment